Jun 10, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
Marc-Edouard Vlasic‘s Stanley Cup playoff finished sooner than that of his San Jose Sharks teammates, after suffering injuries in Game 5 of the first round against the L.A. Kings. But, the good news is that it appears he’ll be ready for training camp.
Vlasic suffered an upper-body injury after taking a forearm to the head from Kings’ forward Jarret Stoll. He didn’t play for the remainder of the series. According to the San Jose Mercury News, he also suffered a sprain MCL on the play, and that is the injury that appears to have lingered around a little longer.
But, based on Vlasic’s comments, there is reason for optimism for the steady 27-year-old defenseman.
“It’s a question of time – it’s the exact same injury I had two years ago (at) the world championships and it takes six to eight weeks to heal,” Vlasic told the San Jose Mercury News.
“If I take care of it now, I should be 100 percent come training camp.”
The Sharks, despite being up 3-0 and in a position to complete the sweep, went on to lose the first-round series to the Kings.
Their failure two months ago has opened up the possibility of massive change regarding some of their top forwards, including Joe Thornton, who may choose to waive his no-movement clause this off-season.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)