Apr 27, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks spent the majority of Saturday’s playoff game against the L.A. Kings without steady defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who suffered an injury in the first period.
Jarret Stoll clocked Vlasic with a forearm to the side of the head and was given a minor penalty for roughing. The Kings once again staved off elimination, this time with a 3-0 victory to trim San Jose’s lead in the series to 3-2.
The status of the 27-year-old Vlasic, who had been in around 18 to 21 minutes of ice throughout this series, for Game 6 on Monday remains unknown at this point.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)