Apr 27, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks spent the majority of Saturday’s playoff game against the L.A. Kings without steady defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who suffered an injury in the first period.
Jarret Stoll clocked Vlasic with a forearm to the side of the head and was given a minor penalty for roughing. The Kings once again staved off elimination, this time with a 3-0 victory to trim San Jose’s lead in the series to 3-2.
The status of the 27-year-old Vlasic, who had been in around 18 to 21 minutes of ice throughout this series, for Game 6 on Monday remains unknown at this point.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)