Apr 27, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks spent the majority of Saturday’s playoff game against the L.A. Kings without steady defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who suffered an injury in the first period.
Jarret Stoll clocked Vlasic with a forearm to the side of the head and was given a minor penalty for roughing. The Kings once again staved off elimination, this time with a 3-0 victory to trim San Jose’s lead in the series to 3-2.
The status of the 27-year-old Vlasic, who had been in around 18 to 21 minutes of ice throughout this series, for Game 6 on Monday remains unknown at this point.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5