Apr 27, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks spent the majority of Saturday’s playoff game against the L.A. Kings without steady defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who suffered an injury in the first period.
Jarret Stoll clocked Vlasic with a forearm to the side of the head and was given a minor penalty for roughing. The Kings once again staved off elimination, this time with a 3-0 victory to trim San Jose’s lead in the series to 3-2.
The status of the 27-year-old Vlasic, who had been in around 18 to 21 minutes of ice throughout this series, for Game 6 on Monday remains unknown at this point.
Vlasic upper body injury. McLellan says he doesn't know if he'll play in Game 6—
Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) April 27, 2014
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6