Apr 27, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks spent the majority of Saturday’s playoff game against the L.A. Kings without steady defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who suffered an injury in the first period.
Jarret Stoll clocked Vlasic with a forearm to the side of the head and was given a minor penalty for roughing. The Kings once again staved off elimination, this time with a 3-0 victory to trim San Jose’s lead in the series to 3-2.
The status of the 27-year-old Vlasic, who had been in around 18 to 21 minutes of ice throughout this series, for Game 6 on Monday remains unknown at this point.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)