May 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The dreaded lower-body injury has hit the Ducks once again.
The day after Frederik Andersen and Matt Beleskey were lost to lower-body ailments during a Game 3 win over Los Angeles, Anaheim announced that forward Mathieu Perreault is also now day-to-day with one.
It’s unclear what Perreault hurt, but it appears the injury happened at some point during the third period — he took his last shift midway through the game and didn’t return, leaving the Ducks thin up front as Beleskey was knocked from the contest around the same time.
Perreault has been a solid contributor for the Ducks this postseason, scoring four points in eight games while averaging 13:31 TOI. Should he be unable to go in Saturday’s Game 4, the Ducks could be forced to make another call up from AHL Norfolk, having already summoned goalie John Gibson as a potential replacement for Andersen.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)