May 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The dreaded lower-body injury has hit the Ducks once again.
The day after Frederik Andersen and Matt Beleskey were lost to lower-body ailments during a Game 3 win over Los Angeles, Anaheim announced that forward Mathieu Perreault is also now day-to-day with one.
It’s unclear what Perreault hurt, but it appears the injury happened at some point during the third period — he took his last shift midway through the game and didn’t return, leaving the Ducks thin up front as Beleskey was knocked from the contest around the same time.
Perreault has been a solid contributor for the Ducks this postseason, scoring four points in eight games while averaging 13:31 TOI. Should he be unable to go in Saturday’s Game 4, the Ducks could be forced to make another call up from AHL Norfolk, having already summoned goalie John Gibson as a potential replacement for Andersen.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)