May 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The dreaded lower-body injury has hit the Ducks once again.
The day after Frederik Andersen and Matt Beleskey were lost to lower-body ailments during a Game 3 win over Los Angeles, Anaheim announced that forward Mathieu Perreault is also now day-to-day with one.
It’s unclear what Perreault hurt, but it appears the injury happened at some point during the third period — he took his last shift midway through the game and didn’t return, leaving the Ducks thin up front as Beleskey was knocked from the contest around the same time.
Perreault has been a solid contributor for the Ducks this postseason, scoring four points in eight games while averaging 13:31 TOI. Should he be unable to go in Saturday’s Game 4, the Ducks could be forced to make another call up from AHL Norfolk, having already summoned goalie John Gibson as a potential replacement for Andersen.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)