May 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The dreaded lower-body injury has hit the Ducks once again.
The day after Frederik Andersen and Matt Beleskey were lost to lower-body ailments during a Game 3 win over Los Angeles, Anaheim announced that forward Mathieu Perreault is also now day-to-day with one.
It’s unclear what Perreault hurt, but it appears the injury happened at some point during the third period — he took his last shift midway through the game and didn’t return, leaving the Ducks thin up front as Beleskey was knocked from the contest around the same time.
Perreault has been a solid contributor for the Ducks this postseason, scoring four points in eight games while averaging 13:31 TOI. Should he be unable to go in Saturday’s Game 4, the Ducks could be forced to make another call up from AHL Norfolk, having already summoned goalie John Gibson as a potential replacement for Andersen.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)