May 9, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The dreaded lower-body injury has hit the Ducks once again.
The day after Frederik Andersen and Matt Beleskey were lost to lower-body ailments during a Game 3 win over Los Angeles, Anaheim announced that forward Mathieu Perreault is also now day-to-day with one.
It’s unclear what Perreault hurt, but it appears the injury happened at some point during the third period — he took his last shift midway through the game and didn’t return, leaving the Ducks thin up front as Beleskey was knocked from the contest around the same time.
Perreault has been a solid contributor for the Ducks this postseason, scoring four points in eight games while averaging 13:31 TOI. Should he be unable to go in Saturday’s Game 4, the Ducks could be forced to make another call up from AHL Norfolk, having already summoned goalie John Gibson as a potential replacement for Andersen.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 2
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)