May 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both listed as day-to-day with lower-body injuries suffered during Thursday’s win over the Kings, according to Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau.
Andersen, who started Game 3 after Jonas Hiller got the nod in Games 1 and 2, left with around 10 minutes remaining in the third period. He wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg while exiting the ice, as seen here:
The Danish netminder was solid prior to getting hurt, stopping 22 of 23 shots as the Ducks held a 2-1 lead.
As for Beleskey, he was shook up following a hard hit from Dustin Brown just prior to the Andersen injury. The Anaheim winger left the game and didn’t return, finishing with 11:21 TOI.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do in response to these injuries. The most pressing one will be Andersen, who has started seven of Anaheim’s nine playoff games — if he isn’t able to go, the club might be forced to call up highly-touted prospect John Gibson, currently playing with AHL Norfolk.
Speaking of Norfolk, Emerson Etem could be on his way back up from the Admirals to replace Beleskey. Etem was sent down just prior to Game 3 so the Ducks could get defenseman Sami Vatanen into the fold.
Anaheim and L.A. will meet in Game 4 of this series on Saturday, 9:30 p.m. ET at Staples.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)