May 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EST
Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both listed as day-to-day with lower-body injuries suffered during Thursday’s win over the Kings, according to Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau.
Andersen, who started Game 3 after Jonas Hiller got the nod in Games 1 and 2, left with around 10 minutes remaining in the third period. He wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg while exiting the ice, as seen here:
The Danish netminder was solid prior to getting hurt, stopping 22 of 23 shots as the Ducks held a 2-1 lead.
As for Beleskey, he was shook up following a hard hit from Dustin Brown just prior to the Andersen injury. The Anaheim winger left the game and didn’t return, finishing with 11:21 TOI.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do in response to these injuries. The most pressing one will be Andersen, who has started seven of Anaheim’s nine playoff games — if he isn’t able to go, the club might be forced to call up highly-touted prospect John Gibson, currently playing with AHL Norfolk.
Speaking of Norfolk, Emerson Etem could be on his way back up from the Admirals to replace Beleskey. Etem was sent down just prior to Game 3 so the Ducks could get defenseman Sami Vatanen into the fold.
Anaheim and L.A. will meet in Game 4 of this series on Saturday, 9:30 p.m. ET at Staples.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)