May 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EST
Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both listed as day-to-day with lower-body injuries suffered during Thursday’s win over the Kings, according to Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau.
Andersen, who started Game 3 after Jonas Hiller got the nod in Games 1 and 2, left with around 10 minutes remaining in the third period. He wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg while exiting the ice, as seen here:
The Danish netminder was solid prior to getting hurt, stopping 22 of 23 shots as the Ducks held a 2-1 lead.
As for Beleskey, he was shook up following a hard hit from Dustin Brown just prior to the Andersen injury. The Anaheim winger left the game and didn’t return, finishing with 11:21 TOI.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do in response to these injuries. The most pressing one will be Andersen, who has started seven of Anaheim’s nine playoff games — if he isn’t able to go, the club might be forced to call up highly-touted prospect John Gibson, currently playing with AHL Norfolk.
Speaking of Norfolk, Emerson Etem could be on his way back up from the Admirals to replace Beleskey. Etem was sent down just prior to Game 3 so the Ducks could get defenseman Sami Vatanen into the fold.
Anaheim and L.A. will meet in Game 4 of this series on Saturday, 9:30 p.m. ET at Staples.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 9
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)