May 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both listed as day-to-day with lower-body injuries suffered during Thursday’s win over the Kings, according to Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau.
Andersen, who started Game 3 after Jonas Hiller got the nod in Games 1 and 2, left with around 10 minutes remaining in the third period. He wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg while exiting the ice, as seen here:
The Danish netminder was solid prior to getting hurt, stopping 22 of 23 shots as the Ducks held a 2-1 lead.
As for Beleskey, he was shook up following a hard hit from Dustin Brown just prior to the Andersen injury. The Anaheim winger left the game and didn’t return, finishing with 11:21 TOI.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do in response to these injuries. The most pressing one will be Andersen, who has started seven of Anaheim’s nine playoff games — if he isn’t able to go, the club might be forced to call up highly-touted prospect John Gibson, currently playing with AHL Norfolk.
Speaking of Norfolk, Emerson Etem could be on his way back up from the Admirals to replace Beleskey. Etem was sent down just prior to Game 3 so the Ducks could get defenseman Sami Vatanen into the fold.
Anaheim and L.A. will meet in Game 4 of this series on Saturday, 9:30 p.m. ET at Staples.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)