May 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both listed as day-to-day with lower-body injuries suffered during Thursday’s win over the Kings, according to Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau.
Andersen, who started Game 3 after Jonas Hiller got the nod in Games 1 and 2, left with around 10 minutes remaining in the third period. He wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg while exiting the ice, as seen here:
The Danish netminder was solid prior to getting hurt, stopping 22 of 23 shots as the Ducks held a 2-1 lead.
As for Beleskey, he was shook up following a hard hit from Dustin Brown just prior to the Andersen injury. The Anaheim winger left the game and didn’t return, finishing with 11:21 TOI.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do in response to these injuries. The most pressing one will be Andersen, who has started seven of Anaheim’s nine playoff games — if he isn’t able to go, the club might be forced to call up highly-touted prospect John Gibson, currently playing with AHL Norfolk.
Speaking of Norfolk, Emerson Etem could be on his way back up from the Admirals to replace Beleskey. Etem was sent down just prior to Game 3 so the Ducks could get defenseman Sami Vatanen into the fold.
Anaheim and L.A. will meet in Game 4 of this series on Saturday, 9:30 p.m. ET at Staples.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)