Apr 29, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
With Game 7 coming on Wednesday, Lundqvist reasonably argued that it makes little sense to linger on the negatives from Tuesday, as the Newark Star-Ledger reports.
“I already started thinking about tomorrow,” Lundqvist said about being pulled before the third period of Game 6. “You don’t want to analyze this too much. There were a couple of tough plays. I think I made a bad read on the breakaway, but the other goals are what they are. I think they were a little hungrier.
“You can’t think too much about this game. They did pretty much everything better than us. Even goaltending. We all have to step up and play our best and try to beat this team.”
Both teams said all the right things about their mindset heading into Game 7. The Flyers spoke about maintaining their work from Game 6 while the Rangers emphasized embraced the energy of playing another deciding contest at Madison Square Garden. For the Blueshirts, it might be most important for Lundqvist to truly live up to those words and put tonight’s struggle behind him.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 7
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 47
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)