Apr 29, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
It’s been a rough night for Lundqvist and the Rangers, as he allowed four goals on 23 shots. That being said, the logic behind the swap may revolve as much around Game 7 coming on Wednesday as it does the 32-year-old’s performance.
Plenty are bashing Lundqvist, yet there are those who believe it’s been a team (lack of) effort:
Either way, the Rangers eyeball a huge mountain to climb if they want to get back into this game. If not, Lundqvist is almost certain to be the starter tomorrow, so the Swedish star and his team would need to recover from this disappoint in little time.
(Again, assuming that the Flyers hold on.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5