Apr 29, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
It’s been a rough night for Lundqvist and the Rangers, as he allowed four goals on 23 shots. That being said, the logic behind the swap may revolve as much around Game 7 coming on Wednesday as it does the 32-year-old’s performance.
Plenty are bashing Lundqvist, yet there are those who believe it’s been a team (lack of) effort:
Either way, the Rangers eyeball a huge mountain to climb if they want to get back into this game. If not, Lundqvist is almost certain to be the starter tomorrow, so the Swedish star and his team would need to recover from this disappoint in little time.
(Again, assuming that the Flyers hold on.)
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5