Apr 29, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
It’s been a rough night for Lundqvist and the Rangers, as he allowed four goals on 23 shots. That being said, the logic behind the swap may revolve as much around Game 7 coming on Wednesday as it does the 32-year-old’s performance.
Plenty are bashing Lundqvist, yet there are those who believe it’s been a team (lack of) effort:
Either way, the Rangers eyeball a huge mountain to climb if they want to get back into this game. If not, Lundqvist is almost certain to be the starter tomorrow, so the Swedish star and his team would need to recover from this disappoint in little time.
(Again, assuming that the Flyers hold on.)
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22