Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
It was the groin shot seen all over the Internet last night and Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic may have just gotten away with it.
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Lucic won’t be suspended for his spearing incident against Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser. Lucic speared DeKeyser in the groin from behind and was not penalized for it. Kypreos said Lucic could still face a fine for the play.
The Bruins were frustrated by the Red Wings during Detroit’s 1-0 Game 1 victory and Lucic took an opportunity to take advantage of a situation in which the officials eyes were elsewhere.
Update (1:12 p.m. ET): Lucic spoke after Bruins practice.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)