Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
It was the groin shot seen all over the Internet last night and Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic may have just gotten away with it.
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Lucic won’t be suspended for his spearing incident against Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser. Lucic speared DeKeyser in the groin from behind and was not penalized for it. Kypreos said Lucic could still face a fine for the play.
The Bruins were frustrated by the Red Wings during Detroit’s 1-0 Game 1 victory and Lucic took an opportunity to take advantage of a situation in which the officials eyes were elsewhere.
Update (1:12 p.m. ET): Lucic spoke after Bruins practice.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 1
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21