Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
It was the groin shot seen all over the Internet last night and Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic may have just gotten away with it.
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Lucic won’t be suspended for his spearing incident against Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser. Lucic speared DeKeyser in the groin from behind and was not penalized for it. Kypreos said Lucic could still face a fine for the play.
The Bruins were frustrated by the Red Wings during Detroit’s 1-0 Game 1 victory and Lucic took an opportunity to take advantage of a situation in which the officials eyes were elsewhere.
Update (1:12 p.m. ET): Lucic spoke after Bruins practice.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)