Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
It was the groin shot seen all over the Internet last night and Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic may have just gotten away with it.
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Lucic won’t be suspended for his spearing incident against Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser. Lucic speared DeKeyser in the groin from behind and was not penalized for it. Kypreos said Lucic could still face a fine for the play.
The Bruins were frustrated by the Red Wings during Detroit’s 1-0 Game 1 victory and Lucic took an opportunity to take advantage of a situation in which the officials eyes were elsewhere.
Update (1:12 p.m. ET): Lucic spoke after Bruins practice.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)