Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
It was the groin shot seen all over the Internet last night and Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic may have just gotten away with it.
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Lucic won’t be suspended for his spearing incident against Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser. Lucic speared DeKeyser in the groin from behind and was not penalized for it. Kypreos said Lucic could still face a fine for the play.
The Bruins were frustrated by the Red Wings during Detroit’s 1-0 Game 1 victory and Lucic took an opportunity to take advantage of a situation in which the officials eyes were elsewhere.
Update (1:12 p.m. ET): Lucic spoke after Bruins practice.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 49
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)