Mar 28, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
The next 12 months promise to be good ones for The Dominator.
Dominik Hasek, already named to the Sabres Hall of Fame and a virtual lock for the Hockey Hall of Fame selection in June, will have his No. 39 retired by Buffalo during the 2014-15 campaign, the Sabres announced on Friday.
Hasek will join six other Sabres legends to have their jerseys officially retired from use by the team. Others include: Gilbert Perreault (No. 11, retired in 1990); Rick Martin (No. 7, retired in 1995); Rene Robert (No. 14, retired in 1995); Tim Horton (No. 2, retired in 1996); Danny Gare (No. 18, retired in 2005); and Pat LaFontaine (No. 16, retired in 2006).
Hasek’s list of accomplishments with the Sabres is pretty lengthy — thankfully, the organization has created this handy Hasek Infographic. Take a look, it’s kinda cool.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…
Hasek will be the first No. 39 to have his jersey officially retired from use in the NHL. #Sabres
— Sabres PR (@SabresPR) March 28, 2014
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)