Mar 28, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
The next 12 months promise to be good ones for The Dominator.
Dominik Hasek, already named to the Sabres Hall of Fame and a virtual lock for the Hockey Hall of Fame selection in June, will have his No. 39 retired by Buffalo during the 2014-15 campaign, the Sabres announced on Friday.
Hasek will join six other Sabres legends to have their jerseys officially retired from use by the team. Others include: Gilbert Perreault (No. 11, retired in 1990); Rick Martin (No. 7, retired in 1995); Rene Robert (No. 14, retired in 1995); Tim Horton (No. 2, retired in 1996); Danny Gare (No. 18, retired in 2005); and Pat LaFontaine (No. 16, retired in 2006).
Hasek’s list of accomplishments with the Sabres is pretty lengthy — thankfully, the organization has created this handy Hasek Infographic. Take a look, it’s kinda cool.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…
Hasek will be the first No. 39 to have his jersey officially retired from use in the NHL. #Sabres
— Sabres PR (@SabresPR) March 28, 2014
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)