Mar 28, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
The next 12 months promise to be good ones for The Dominator.
Dominik Hasek, already named to the Sabres Hall of Fame and a virtual lock for the Hockey Hall of Fame selection in June, will have his No. 39 retired by Buffalo during the 2014-15 campaign, the Sabres announced on Friday.
Hasek will join six other Sabres legends to have their jerseys officially retired from use by the team. Others include: Gilbert Perreault (No. 11, retired in 1990); Rick Martin (No. 7, retired in 1995); Rene Robert (No. 14, retired in 1995); Tim Horton (No. 2, retired in 1996); Danny Gare (No. 18, retired in 2005); and Pat LaFontaine (No. 16, retired in 2006).
Hasek’s list of accomplishments with the Sabres is pretty lengthy — thankfully, the organization has created this handy Hasek Infographic. Take a look, it’s kinda cool.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…
Hasek will be the first No. 39 to have his jersey officially retired from use in the NHL. #Sabres
— Sabres PR (@SabresPR) March 28, 2014
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)