Mar 28, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
The next 12 months promise to be good ones for The Dominator.
Dominik Hasek, already named to the Sabres Hall of Fame and a virtual lock for the Hockey Hall of Fame selection in June, will have his No. 39 retired by Buffalo during the 2014-15 campaign, the Sabres announced on Friday.
Hasek will join six other Sabres legends to have their jerseys officially retired from use by the team. Others include: Gilbert Perreault (No. 11, retired in 1990); Rick Martin (No. 7, retired in 1995); Rene Robert (No. 14, retired in 1995); Tim Horton (No. 2, retired in 1996); Danny Gare (No. 18, retired in 2005); and Pat LaFontaine (No. 16, retired in 2006).
Hasek’s list of accomplishments with the Sabres is pretty lengthy — thankfully, the organization has created this handy Hasek Infographic. Take a look, it’s kinda cool.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…
Hasek will be the first No. 39 to have his jersey officially retired from use in the NHL. #Sabres
— Sabres PR (@SabresPR) March 28, 2014
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 4
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 1
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)