Mar 7, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Vancouver forward Zack Kassian has been suspended three games for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon Thursday night in Dallas.
According to the NHL, Kassian boarded Dillon “with significant force,” raising the punishment from a major penalty to a suspension.
The league also ruled that Kassian had enough time to avoid the check after Dillon turned his back.
Kassian, 23, is considered a repeat offender under the CBA, as a result of his suspension for high-sticking Edmonton’s Sam Gagner in the preseason.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)