Mar 7, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Vancouver forward Zack Kassian has been suspended three games for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon Thursday night in Dallas.
According to the NHL, Kassian boarded Dillon “with significant force,” raising the punishment from a major penalty to a suspension.
The league also ruled that Kassian had enough time to avoid the check after Dillon turned his back.
Kassian, 23, is considered a repeat offender under the CBA, as a result of his suspension for high-sticking Edmonton’s Sam Gagner in the preseason.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)