Mar 7, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Vancouver forward Zack Kassian has been suspended three games for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon Thursday night in Dallas.
According to the NHL, Kassian boarded Dillon “with significant force,” raising the punishment from a major penalty to a suspension.
The league also ruled that Kassian had enough time to avoid the check after Dillon turned his back.
Kassian, 23, is considered a repeat offender under the CBA, as a result of his suspension for high-sticking Edmonton’s Sam Gagner in the preseason.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 1
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 34
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 22
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)