Mar 7, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Vancouver forward Zack Kassian has been suspended three games for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon Thursday night in Dallas.
According to the NHL, Kassian boarded Dillon “with significant force,” raising the punishment from a major penalty to a suspension.
The league also ruled that Kassian had enough time to avoid the check after Dillon turned his back.
Kassian, 23, is considered a repeat offender under the CBA, as a result of his suspension for high-sticking Edmonton’s Sam Gagner in the preseason.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)