Mar 7, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
After a rocky first period against the Dallas Stars, it’s unclear if Eddie Lack will be back in the middle frame for the Vancouver Canucks. One thing’s certain, though: Zack Kassian won’t.
The rugged winger received a game misconduct and five-minute major for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon on Thursday. Kassian already was suspended for five games earlier this season thanks to that hi-sticking infraction on Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner and came into the NHL with a reputation for questionable hits.
Video of the hit will be added upon availability, but here are two takes from the game in the meantime:
Not exactly ideal timing for a Canucks team that is grasping for optimism, but at least there’s time for Vancouver to turn it around.
(Of course, a pessimist might point out that there’s also plenty of time for things to get even worse.)
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12