Mar 7, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
After a rocky first period against the Dallas Stars, it’s unclear if Eddie Lack will be back in the middle frame for the Vancouver Canucks. One thing’s certain, though: Zack Kassian won’t.
The rugged winger received a game misconduct and five-minute major for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon on Thursday. Kassian already was suspended for five games earlier this season thanks to that hi-sticking infraction on Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner and came into the NHL with a reputation for questionable hits.
Video of the hit will be added upon availability, but here are two takes from the game in the meantime:
Not exactly ideal timing for a Canucks team that is grasping for optimism, but at least there’s time for Vancouver to turn it around.
(Of course, a pessimist might point out that there’s also plenty of time for things to get even worse.)
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 38
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 26
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)