Mar 7, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
After a rocky first period against the Dallas Stars, it’s unclear if Eddie Lack will be back in the middle frame for the Vancouver Canucks. One thing’s certain, though: Zack Kassian won’t.
The rugged winger received a game misconduct and five-minute major for boarding Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon on Thursday. Kassian already was suspended for five games earlier this season thanks to that hi-sticking infraction on Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner and came into the NHL with a reputation for questionable hits.
Video of the hit will be added upon availability, but here are two takes from the game in the meantime:
Zack Kassian gets a five-minute major for boarding Brenden Dillon. Dillon shook up, walks to locker room.—
Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) March 07, 2014
Not exactly ideal timing for a Canucks team that is grasping for optimism, but at least there’s time for Vancouver to turn it around.
(Of course, a pessimist might point out that there’s also plenty of time for things to get even worse.)
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21