Feb 27, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals recorded the win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday, but they may lose one of their top forwards.
According to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Grabovski tweaked his ankle, which he injured toward the end of January in an awkward fall. He had tried to use the Olympic break to rest up and get back to better health for the NHL stretch drive.
In 50 games this season, the 30-year-old Grabovski has scored 12 goals and 33 points.
The Capitals got the win thanks to a late Alex Ovechkin goal, which counted as his league-leading 41st of the season.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6