Feb 27, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Washington Capitals recorded the win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday, but they may lose one of their top forwards.
According to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Grabovski tweaked his ankle, which he injured toward the end of January in an awkward fall. He had tried to use the Olympic break to rest up and get back to better health for the NHL stretch drive.
In 50 games this season, the 30-year-old Grabovski has scored 12 goals and 33 points.
The Capitals got the win thanks to a late Alex Ovechkin goal, which counted as his league-leading 41st of the season.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)