Feb 27, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals recorded the win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday, but they may lose one of their top forwards.
According to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Grabovski tweaked his ankle, which he injured toward the end of January in an awkward fall. He had tried to use the Olympic break to rest up and get back to better health for the NHL stretch drive.
In 50 games this season, the 30-year-old Grabovski has scored 12 goals and 33 points.
The Capitals got the win thanks to a late Alex Ovechkin goal, which counted as his league-leading 41st of the season.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)