Feb 27, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals recorded the win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday, but they may lose one of their top forwards.
According to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Grabovski tweaked his ankle, which he injured toward the end of January in an awkward fall. He had tried to use the Olympic break to rest up and get back to better health for the NHL stretch drive.
In 50 games this season, the 30-year-old Grabovski has scored 12 goals and 33 points.
The Capitals got the win thanks to a late Alex Ovechkin goal, which counted as his league-leading 41st of the season.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)