Feb 27, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals recorded the win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday, but they may lose one of their top forwards.
According to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post, Grabovski tweaked his ankle, which he injured toward the end of January in an awkward fall. He had tried to use the Olympic break to rest up and get back to better health for the NHL stretch drive.
In 50 games this season, the 30-year-old Grabovski has scored 12 goals and 33 points.
The Capitals got the win thanks to a late Alex Ovechkin goal, which counted as his league-leading 41st of the season.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)