Feb 8, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
It appears Mikhail Grabovski is nearing a return to the Washington Capitals lineup once the National Hockey League resumes on-ice operations at the end of the Olympics.
The 30-year-old Grabovski hasn’t played since Jan. 24, when he suffered an ankle injury in a game against the New Jersey Devils. Bought out by the Toronto Maple Leafs last summer, Grabovski has 12 goals and 33 points in 49 games in his first season with the Capitals.
As per the Washington Post, Grabovski took part in his first full team practice on Friday. Difficult as it might’ve been to sit out the past few games, the break could be greatly beneficial to his recovery and eventually his return.
“Disappointed because we don’t have the best time of the year, our team. I’m more disappointed I have injury in this moment,” Grabovski told the Washington Post.
“But maybe that’s good and I can rest and see everything from different perspective.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)