Feb 6, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Martin Erat‘s finally managed to find the back of the net on Thursday night.
Unfortunately, it was his own.
Erat kicked home Winnipeg’s equalizing goal in the first period of tonight’s Caps-Jets game, converting a Bryan Little rebound for what many clever Twitter users noted was Erat’s first goal of the year:
The 32-year-old Czech, who was recently named as an injury replacement to his country’s Olympic team, had failed to score a single tally in his first 49 games of the year (tonight was game No. 50).
The scoreless streak was technically at 54 regular season contests — dating back to last year — which is some kind of slump, especially considering Erat has 164 career goals and has scored 20 or more three times over his 13-year career.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63