Feb 4, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Erat will take the place of St. Louis forward Vladimir Sobotka, who is currently sidelined with a leg issue.
Erat, 32, has struggled mightily in Washington this year and has zero goals (21 assists, though) in 48 games. He’s been a healthy scratch on a few occasions and has demanded a trade out of Washington, yet was still named as Sobotka’s replacement over a number of seemingly good candidates.
Calgary’s Jiri Hudler is one. He leads the Flames with 42 points through 55 games and is the third-leading Czech scorer in the NHL this year, trailing only Boston’s David Krejci and New Jersey’s Jaromir Jagr.
Another is Phoenix’s Radim Vrbata. He has 13 goals and 37 points in 53 games, scored a career-high 35 goals during the 2011-12 campaign and leads the ‘Yotes in power play goals this year, with six.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)