Jan 28, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
Tomorrow’s outdoor game between the Rangers and Islanders at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday is officially sold out.
From the NHL:
With today’s announcement, all four games of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ will be played in sold out stadiums. On Saturday, a festive crowd of 54,099 packed Dodger Stadium to see the spectacle of the NHL’s first outdoor game played in California. On Sunday, the Rangers and New Jersey Devils entertained 50,105 fans in the first-ever hockey game played at Yankee Stadium.
There’s also the Blackhawks-Penguins game on March 1 at Soldier Field, which sold out in less than 24 hours.
The sixth and final outdoor game of the season — after the highly successful Winter Classic and the four Stadium Series games — is the Heritage Classic between the Canucks and Senators on March 2 at Vancouver’s BC Place. In December, Mike Gillis expressed confidence that that game would also be a sell-out. However, for a number of reasons, not the least of which has been the recent play of the home team, it’s fair to say the buzz surrounding that event has been less than what organizers had hoped for. Today, tickets are still available.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 0
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 7
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)