Jan 28, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
Tomorrow’s outdoor game between the Rangers and Islanders at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday is officially sold out.
From the NHL:
With today’s announcement, all four games of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ will be played in sold out stadiums. On Saturday, a festive crowd of 54,099 packed Dodger Stadium to see the spectacle of the NHL’s first outdoor game played in California. On Sunday, the Rangers and New Jersey Devils entertained 50,105 fans in the first-ever hockey game played at Yankee Stadium.
There’s also the Blackhawks-Penguins game on March 1 at Soldier Field, which sold out in less than 24 hours.
The sixth and final outdoor game of the season — after the highly successful Winter Classic and the four Stadium Series games — is the Heritage Classic between the Canucks and Senators on March 2 at Vancouver’s BC Place. In December, Mike Gillis expressed confidence that that game would also be a sell-out. However, for a number of reasons, not the least of which has been the recent play of the home team, it’s fair to say the buzz surrounding that event has been less than what organizers had hoped for. Today, tickets are still available.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)