Jan 26, 2014, 5:52 PM EST
Martin Brodeur didn’t seem too pleased with some of the outside factors in the New York Rangers’ 7-3 win during Sunday’s Stadium Series game, but maybe it isn’t just griping from the New Jersey Devils’ standpoint. Specifically, Rangers such as Henrik Lundqvist noted that a sun-related delay really threw things off, especially since they believed it would last longer than it did.
Lundqvist, 31, admitted he felt especially out of it in the first period, when he allowed three goals on 10 shots.
“I wondered whether I was going to finish the game,” Lundqvist said.
Obviously, the Rangers rebounded in a big way, taking over the game with four goals in the middle frame. For all the mild criticisms going around, Jaromir Jagr seemed to take it all in stride, as the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
Did Jaromir Jagr take a moment to look around and let it sink in today? “It looked like we all did in the second period.”
— Rich Chere (@Ledger_NJDevils) January 26, 2014
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 32
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)