Jan 26, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur didn’t seem too pleased with some of the outside factors in the New York Rangers’ 7-3 win during Sunday’s Stadium Series game, but maybe it isn’t just griping from the New Jersey Devils’ standpoint. Specifically, Rangers such as Henrik Lundqvist noted that a sun-related delay really threw things off, especially since they believed it would last longer than it did.
Lundqvist, 31, admitted he felt especially out of it in the first period, when he allowed three goals on 10 shots.
“I wondered whether I was going to finish the game,” Lundqvist said.
Obviously, the Rangers rebounded in a big way, taking over the game with four goals in the middle frame. For all the mild criticisms going around, Jaromir Jagr seemed to take it all in stride, as the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
Did Jaromir Jagr take a moment to look around and let it sink in today? “It looked like we all did in the second period.”
— Rich Chere (@Ledger_NJDevils) January 26, 2014
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7