Jan 26, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur didn’t seem too pleased with some of the outside factors in the New York Rangers’ 7-3 win during Sunday’s Stadium Series game, but maybe it isn’t just griping from the New Jersey Devils’ standpoint. Specifically, Rangers such as Henrik Lundqvist noted that a sun-related delay really threw things off, especially since they believed it would last longer than it did.
Lundqvist, 31, admitted he felt especially out of it in the first period, when he allowed three goals on 10 shots.
“I wondered whether I was going to finish the game,” Lundqvist said.
Obviously, the Rangers rebounded in a big way, taking over the game with four goals in the middle frame. For all the mild criticisms going around, Jaromir Jagr seemed to take it all in stride, as the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
Did Jaromir Jagr take a moment to look around and let it sink in today? “It looked like we all did in the second period.”
— Rich Chere (@Ledger_NJDevils) January 26, 2014
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 22
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)