Jan 26, 2014, 5:52 PM EST
Martin Brodeur didn’t seem too pleased with some of the outside factors in the New York Rangers’ 7-3 win during Sunday’s Stadium Series game, but maybe it isn’t just griping from the New Jersey Devils’ standpoint. Specifically, Rangers such as Henrik Lundqvist noted that a sun-related delay really threw things off, especially since they believed it would last longer than it did.
Lundqvist, 31, admitted he felt especially out of it in the first period, when he allowed three goals on 10 shots.
“I wondered whether I was going to finish the game,” Lundqvist said.
Obviously, the Rangers rebounded in a big way, taking over the game with four goals in the middle frame. For all the mild criticisms going around, Jaromir Jagr seemed to take it all in stride, as the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
Did Jaromir Jagr take a moment to look around and let it sink in today? “It looked like we all did in the second period.”
— Rich Chere (@Ledger_NJDevils) January 26, 2014
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)