Jan 26, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur didn’t seem too pleased with some of the outside factors in the New York Rangers’ 7-3 win during Sunday’s Stadium Series game, but maybe it isn’t just griping from the New Jersey Devils’ standpoint. Specifically, Rangers such as Henrik Lundqvist noted that a sun-related delay really threw things off, especially since they believed it would last longer than it did.
Lundqvist, 31, admitted he felt especially out of it in the first period, when he allowed three goals on 10 shots.
“I wondered whether I was going to finish the game,” Lundqvist said.
Obviously, the Rangers rebounded in a big way, taking over the game with four goals in the middle frame. For all the mild criticisms going around, Jaromir Jagr seemed to take it all in stride, as the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
Did Jaromir Jagr take a moment to look around and let it sink in today? “It looked like we all did in the second period.”
— Rich Chere (@Ledger_NJDevils) January 26, 2014
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)