Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues just keep on winning, and winning big.
The Blues stomped on the struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 5-0 on Thursday evening, giving them their seventh consecutive victory. Add to that the fact they’ve scored five or more goals in their last four games – granted two of those came against the worst teams in the Pacific Division, including the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
(Meanwhile, the Flames, searching for truculence, have been outscored 11-0 in their last two games and shut out five times in seven games since the schedule resumed after the holiday break.)
It all sets up for a meeting with the struggling Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Friday.
The Blues go into the match-up now atop the Central Division. They’re tied in points with the Chicago Blackhawks at 67, but have two more wins, two more regulation-overtime wins and three games in hand.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)