Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues just keep on winning, and winning big.
The Blues stomped on the struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 5-0 on Thursday evening, giving them their seventh consecutive victory. Add to that the fact they’ve scored five or more goals in their last four games – granted two of those came against the worst teams in the Pacific Division, including the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
(Meanwhile, the Flames, searching for truculence, have been outscored 11-0 in their last two games and shut out five times in seven games since the schedule resumed after the holiday break.)
It all sets up for a meeting with the struggling Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Friday.
The Blues go into the match-up now atop the Central Division. They’re tied in points with the Chicago Blackhawks at 67, but have two more wins, two more regulation-overtime wins and three games in hand.
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 0
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 41
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)