Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues just keep on winning, and winning big.
The Blues stomped on the struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 5-0 on Thursday evening, giving them their seventh consecutive victory. Add to that the fact they’ve scored five or more goals in their last four games – granted two of those came against the worst teams in the Pacific Division, including the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
(Meanwhile, the Flames, searching for truculence, have been outscored 11-0 in their last two games and shut out five times in seven games since the schedule resumed after the holiday break.)
It all sets up for a meeting with the struggling Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Friday.
The Blues go into the match-up now atop the Central Division. They’re tied in points with the Chicago Blackhawks at 67, but have two more wins, two more regulation-overtime wins and three games in hand.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25