Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues just keep on winning, and winning big.
The Blues stomped on the struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 5-0 on Thursday evening, giving them their seventh consecutive victory. Add to that the fact they’ve scored five or more goals in their last four games – granted two of those came against the worst teams in the Pacific Division, including the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
(Meanwhile, the Flames, searching for truculence, have been outscored 11-0 in their last two games and shut out five times in seven games since the schedule resumed after the holiday break.)
It all sets up for a meeting with the struggling Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Friday.
The Blues go into the match-up now atop the Central Division. They’re tied in points with the Chicago Blackhawks at 67, but have two more wins, two more regulation-overtime wins and three games in hand.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)