Jan 10, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien had some stern words for his team after last night’s 4-2 loss in Los Angeles.
“It took us almost a period-and-a-half to get going here,” Julien said, per CSN New England. “We spotted them a 3-0 lead. Puck management, missed assignments . . . those kinds of things are going to end up costing you. We’re getting exposed in those areas right now [and] we’re going to [have to] get better.
“We definitely could use more from our team, from the goaltender on out. We need big saves; we need our guys to manage the puck better. The mistakes that we’re making are very costly. Everybody needs to be a little better. We didn’t get much from our top two lines tonight, and you need that if you’re going to win some hockey games. They were pretty quiet.”
Last night’s loss was the Bruins’ fourth in the six games they’ve played since defenseman Dennis Seidenberg was lost for the season with a torn ACL/MCL in his right knee.
That certainly won’t quell the speculation that general manager Peter Chiarelli will try to land an experienced d-man prior to the March 5 trade deadline. (The Rangers’ Dan Girardi is reportedly a possibility.)
Boston takes on the Sharks in San Jose tomorrow night.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)