Jan 9, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
In a battle of two big, bruising teams from different conferences, it was the L.A. Kings that got off to the fast start against the Boston Bruins.
And that meant goalie Tuukka Rask was given the hook early in the third period after allowing three goals on 18 shots. The team in front of him didn’t give Rask much help – the shots at one point were 23-7 for L.A.
The Kings got goals from Justin Williams and Alec Martinez just one minute and one second apart in the second period to gain a 3-0 advantage over the Bruins. That spelled the end to Rask for the evening. Chad Johnson came into the game in relief.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63