Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
San Jose made a pair of roster moves on Thursday, putting Logan Couture on IR following his midweek hand surgery and recalling defenseman Matt Tennyson from AHL Worcester.
Tennyson, 23, has spent all of this season in the American League, scoring 10 points in 31 games. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for the Sharks and recording two assists.
Yesterday, the Sharks confirmed that Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)