Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
San Jose made a pair of roster moves on Thursday, putting Logan Couture on IR following his midweek hand surgery and recalling defenseman Matt Tennyson from AHL Worcester.
Tennyson, 23, has spent all of this season in the American League, scoring 10 points in 31 games. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for the Sharks and recording two assists.
Yesterday, the Sharks confirmed that Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)