Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
San Jose made a pair of roster moves on Thursday, putting Logan Couture on IR following his midweek hand surgery and recalling defenseman Matt Tennyson from AHL Worcester.
Tennyson, 23, has spent all of this season in the American League, scoring 10 points in 31 games. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for the Sharks and recording two assists.
Yesterday, the Sharks confirmed that Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 0
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 7
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 7
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Panthers’ playoff hopes take massive blow vs. Lightning 8
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)