Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
San Jose made a pair of roster moves on Thursday, putting Logan Couture on IR following his midweek hand surgery and recalling defenseman Matt Tennyson from AHL Worcester.
Tennyson, 23, has spent all of this season in the American League, scoring 10 points in 31 games. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for the Sharks and recording two assists.
Yesterday, the Sharks confirmed that Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)