Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
San Jose made a pair of roster moves on Thursday, putting Logan Couture on IR following his midweek hand surgery and recalling defenseman Matt Tennyson from AHL Worcester.
Tennyson, 23, has spent all of this season in the American League, scoring 10 points in 31 games. He made his NHL debut last season, appearing in four games for the Sharks and recording two assists.
Yesterday, the Sharks confirmed that Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 9
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)