Jan 8, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
The New York Rangers got off to a terrific start, bent but didn’t completely break in the second period and pulled out a win over the defending Stanley Cup champions in Chicago on Wednesday.
- Not the greatest start or finish to the evening for Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford. Didn’t look sharp on New York’s first two goals of the evening and the late Hagelin goal, which gave the Rangers the win, will sting.
- The Rangers are on a bit of a roll. Six wins in their last 10 games. They’ve also jumped up into third in the Metropolitan Division, three points back of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Blackhawks lost for the first time in regulation since Dec. 14.
- The Blackhawks got goals from Jonathan Toews and Brandon Bollig just 1:48 apart in the second period to get Chicago back on even terms after trailing 2-0 in the first period.
- Hard to believe that for two Original Six teams, the Blackhawks and Rangers haven’t played against each other since March of 2012. How about that lockout?
- Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves against a pretty good team. Wasn’t that long ago he was struggling, as too was the team in front of him.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 11
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)