Jan 8, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks began the second period trailing the New York Rangers by two goals. The two teams began the third period all tied up on Rivalry Night.
The Blackhawks got goals from Jonathan Toews and Brandon Bollig just one minute and 48 seconds apart in the second period to even the score. The Rangers had jumped out to a quick two-goal lead of their own before the midway point of the first period, beating goalie Corey Crawford twice on nine shots.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13