Dec 12, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Make that four straight losses.
The New York Rangers continue to stumble along through this first half of the regular season, with their latest setback coming in a 4-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday.
Four straight home games in a string of nine in a row. Four losses. Not endearing themselves to the locals, who already voiced their displeasure by booing the home team off the ice two nights ago.
In the end, the Rangers made it somewhat close, getting to within a goal before Ryan Johansen put this one out of reach with less than two minutes remaining in regulation.
Alain Vigneault chose to heap positive reinforcements upon his team yesterday, despite their struggles. Hard to think he would come back with the same message after this latest loss.
But this loss drops them to 15-17-1.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 40
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 32
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 101
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (101)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)