Dec 12, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Make that four straight losses.
The New York Rangers continue to stumble along through this first half of the regular season, with their latest setback coming in a 4-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday.
Four straight home games in a string of nine in a row. Four losses. Not endearing themselves to the locals, who already voiced their displeasure by booing the home team off the ice two nights ago.
In the end, the Rangers made it somewhat close, getting to within a goal before Ryan Johansen put this one out of reach with less than two minutes remaining in regulation.
Alain Vigneault chose to heap positive reinforcements upon his team yesterday, despite their struggles. Hard to think he would come back with the same message after this latest loss.
But this loss drops them to 15-17-1.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 3
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 73
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (72)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)