All Ryane Clowe (concussion) wants is to return before Christmas

Dec 17, 2013, 2:00 AM EST

New York Islanders v New Jersey Devils Getty Images

New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has set a specific date for which he would like to return before.

Clowe is currently out of the Devils’ lineup with a concussion, which has caused him to miss the last 28 games. He’s played only six times this season for his new team, with one assist.

However, he has been skating for almost an entire month and is hoping to make his return to game action in one of the four games remaining until the league takes its break for Christmas.

“Did a little bit of contact, didn’t get hit hard or anything, but a little bit of bumping,” said Clowe, as per the blog Fire & Ice with northjersey.com.

“That was first, obviously. I’ve done since I played a game. We have four games before Christmas, so if I can get back, I’m not sure, for one or two of those games or maybe at some point before Christmas, it would be nice.”

Clowe signed with the Devils this summer on the first official day of free agency, inking a five-year deal worth $4.85 million per season.

1. nightfireop - Dec 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

all he wants to do is to play the puck from the bench like the effin cheater that he is.

• ntvd7 - Dec 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

What a productive comment

• sjsharks86 - Dec 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Kings fan? I’ll never forget that, it was hilarious.

2. sjsharks66 - Dec 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

That was hilarious. Didn’t the Kings win the cup that year? Yet all they focus on is Clowe.

• skr213 - Dec 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM

No, they focus on other things, like how amazingly great they are and how good they look and how everyone else is just jealous, etc. etc. etc.

• endusersolutions2013 - Dec 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

But doesn’t the personify a significant part of the local mindset? How many in the entertainment industry have a similarly “I’m REALLY important, and I can do whatever the heck I feel like. Oh, and the world needs to know my opinions at all times.

• skr213 - Dec 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Exactly.

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches