Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe (concussion) has only played in six games with the New Jersey Devils since he inked a five-year, $24.25 million contract, but he took a step forward this week by getting back on the ice, reports the Bergen Record.
The 31-year-old forward had been exercising for weeks, but until recently he hadn’t skated since being elbowed on Oct. 13. This injury has been particularly concerning because Clowe also missed the final game of the 2013 regular season and 10 playoff contests due to a head injury.
Meanwhile, the Devils have been on fire lately, winning five of their last six games to improve to 9-8-5 this season.
They’ll attempt to maintain that momentum against the San Jose Sharks tonight.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 2
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)