Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe (concussion) has only played in six games with the New Jersey Devils since he inked a five-year, $24.25 million contract, but he took a step forward this week by getting back on the ice, reports the Bergen Record.
The 31-year-old forward had been exercising for weeks, but until recently he hadn’t skated since being elbowed on Oct. 13. This injury has been particularly concerning because Clowe also missed the final game of the 2013 regular season and 10 playoff contests due to a head injury.
Meanwhile, the Devils have been on fire lately, winning five of their last six games to improve to 9-8-5 this season.
They’ll attempt to maintain that momentum against the San Jose Sharks tonight.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)