Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
Ryane Clowe (concussion) has only played in six games with the New Jersey Devils since he inked a five-year, $24.25 million contract, but he took a step forward this week by getting back on the ice, reports the Bergen Record.
The 31-year-old forward had been exercising for weeks, but until recently he hadn’t skated since being elbowed on Oct. 13. This injury has been particularly concerning because Clowe also missed the final game of the 2013 regular season and 10 playoff contests due to a head injury.
Meanwhile, the Devils have been on fire lately, winning five of their last six games to improve to 9-8-5 this season.
They’ll attempt to maintain that momentum against the San Jose Sharks tonight.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)