Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe (concussion) has only played in six games with the New Jersey Devils since he inked a five-year, $24.25 million contract, but he took a step forward this week by getting back on the ice, reports the Bergen Record.
The 31-year-old forward had been exercising for weeks, but until recently he hadn’t skated since being elbowed on Oct. 13. This injury has been particularly concerning because Clowe also missed the final game of the 2013 regular season and 10 playoff contests due to a head injury.
Meanwhile, the Devils have been on fire lately, winning five of their last six games to improve to 9-8-5 this season.
They’ll attempt to maintain that momentum against the San Jose Sharks tonight.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)