Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
Ryane Clowe (concussion) has only played in six games with the New Jersey Devils since he inked a five-year, $24.25 million contract, but he took a step forward this week by getting back on the ice, reports the Bergen Record.
The 31-year-old forward had been exercising for weeks, but until recently he hadn’t skated since being elbowed on Oct. 13. This injury has been particularly concerning because Clowe also missed the final game of the 2013 regular season and 10 playoff contests due to a head injury.
Meanwhile, the Devils have been on fire lately, winning five of their last six games to improve to 9-8-5 this season.
They’ll attempt to maintain that momentum against the San Jose Sharks tonight.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)