Dec 8, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
“We’re not earning it,” Tavares said at the time.
So what are they saying after their 3-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings?
The players held a closed-door meeting after dropping their ninth consecutive contest to give each of them an opportunity to speak to the group, according to Newsday. But after going so long without a win, is there really anything that’s been left unsaid?
“It’s a broken record right now,” defenseman Matt Carkner said.
Islanders coach Jack Capuano, whose job might be on the line, suggested that the team’s top line needs to step up and shoot more. He also pointed to their anemic effort with the man advantage as one of the causes for their latest loss.
Meanwhile the team is now 10 points out of a playoff spot, which leaves them with a 0.4% chance of advancing to the postseason, according to Sports Club Stats.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 3
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 67
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)