Dec 8, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
“We’re not earning it,” Tavares said at the time.
So what are they saying after their 3-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings?
The players held a closed-door meeting after dropping their ninth consecutive contest to give each of them an opportunity to speak to the group, according to Newsday. But after going so long without a win, is there really anything that’s been left unsaid?
“It’s a broken record right now,” defenseman Matt Carkner said.
Islanders coach Jack Capuano, whose job might be on the line, suggested that the team’s top line needs to step up and shoot more. He also pointed to their anemic effort with the man advantage as one of the causes for their latest loss.
Meanwhile the team is now 10 points out of a playoff spot, which leaves them with a 0.4% chance of advancing to the postseason, according to Sports Club Stats.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)