Dec 6, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
That there tweet from Chris Botta of SportsBusiness Journal comes on the heels of yet another loss for the New York Islanders (8-16-5), who are now winless in their last eight under head coach Jack Capuano.
Peter Laviolette, you may or may not recall, coached the Isles for two seasons (01-02 and 02-03), leading them to the playoffs in both seasons before being fired by former general manager Mike Milbury.
“I’m not talking about strictly the results,” Milbury said at the time. “I’m talking about a methodology in coaching and communication with players. If you don’t have it, it’s pretty tough to succeed. And it looked to me as if it had been lost.”
Laviolette went on to win the Stanley Cup as Carolina’s coach. He was fired by the Flyers earlier this season.
Of course, how seriously Isles GM Garth Snow is actually considering a coaching change remains to be seen. On Sunday, Snow was reportedly not ready to relieve Capuano of his duties. But the pressure is obviously building to do something, be it fire the coach or make a trade (say, for a goalie?).
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (82)