Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Wild forward Mikael Granlund is out at least a week after being placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury (reportedly a head injury). Minnesota has recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL to fill in.
Granlund was hurt early in last night’s 3-1 loss to Phoenix, his first game after missing two with a lower-body injury. The 21-year-old has two goals and 10 assists in 24 games this season.
Here’s how the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo saw the injury occur:
It’s been a tough couple of weeks for Granlund, as noted by Russo:
Granlund took a head shot from Toronto’s Nazem Kadri, then took a hard hit four games later from Ottawa’s Marc Methot where he crashed into the boards. He missed two games, returned to the lineup last night against Phoenix and was lost 29 seconds into his first shift when he was hit high by rookie defenseman Connor Murphy as Granlund tried to deliver a check.
Here’s that hit by Methot:
The Wild host Colorado Friday. Injured winger Zach Parise (foot) practiced today, so it’s possible he could return for that contest.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)