Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Wild forward Mikael Granlund is out at least a week after being placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury (reportedly a head injury). Minnesota has recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL to fill in.
Granlund was hurt early in last night’s 3-1 loss to Phoenix, his first game after missing two with a lower-body injury. The 21-year-old has two goals and 10 assists in 24 games this season.
Here’s how the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo saw the injury occur:
It’s been a tough couple of weeks for Granlund, as noted by Russo:
Granlund took a head shot from Toronto’s Nazem Kadri, then took a hard hit four games later from Ottawa’s Marc Methot where he crashed into the boards. He missed two games, returned to the lineup last night against Phoenix and was lost 29 seconds into his first shift when he was hit high by rookie defenseman Connor Murphy as Granlund tried to deliver a check.
Here’s that hit by Methot:
The Wild host Colorado Friday. Injured winger Zach Parise (foot) practiced today, so it’s possible he could return for that contest.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)