Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Wild forward Mikael Granlund is out at least a week after being placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury (reportedly a head injury). Minnesota has recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL to fill in.
Granlund was hurt early in last night’s 3-1 loss to Phoenix, his first game after missing two with a lower-body injury. The 21-year-old has two goals and 10 assists in 24 games this season.
Here’s how the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo saw the injury occur:
It’s been a tough couple of weeks for Granlund, as noted by Russo:
Granlund took a head shot from Toronto’s Nazem Kadri, then took a hard hit four games later from Ottawa’s Marc Methot where he crashed into the boards. He missed two games, returned to the lineup last night against Phoenix and was lost 29 seconds into his first shift when he was hit high by rookie defenseman Connor Murphy as Granlund tried to deliver a check.
Here’s that hit by Methot:
The Wild host Colorado Friday. Injured winger Zach Parise (foot) practiced today, so it’s possible he could return for that contest.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)