Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Wild forward Mikael Granlund is out at least a week after being placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury (reportedly a head injury). Minnesota has recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL to fill in.
Granlund was hurt early in last night’s 3-1 loss to Phoenix, his first game after missing two with a lower-body injury. The 21-year-old has two goals and 10 assists in 24 games this season.
Here’s how the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo saw the injury occur:
It’s been a tough couple of weeks for Granlund, as noted by Russo:
Granlund took a head shot from Toronto’s Nazem Kadri, then took a hard hit four games later from Ottawa’s Marc Methot where he crashed into the boards. He missed two games, returned to the lineup last night against Phoenix and was lost 29 seconds into his first shift when he was hit high by rookie defenseman Connor Murphy as Granlund tried to deliver a check.
Here’s that hit by Methot:
The Wild host Colorado Friday. Injured winger Zach Parise (foot) practiced today, so it’s possible he could return for that contest.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)