Nov 28, 2013, 12:07 AM EST
Mikael Granlund played one shift for the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday, and that was it.
After 29 seconds of ice time, Granlund left Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after reportedly taking a heavy hit from defenseman Connor Murphy. It was a tough way for the Wild to start the game, which they ended up losing
From Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
Granlund has a history of concussion and now has taken three hard hits in the past eight games – a Nazem Kadri head shot and a Marc Methot hip check that sent him crashing into the boards, being the other two.
Coach Mike Yeo said Granlund was feeling a little better after the game, but he admitted concern now about his health.
It was a tough way for the Wild to start the game, which they ended up losing 3-1. The loss drops the Wild’s record to 15-7-4.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 28
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (152)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)