Nov 28, 2013, 12:07 AM EDT
Mikael Granlund played one shift for the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday, and that was it.
After 29 seconds of ice time, Granlund left Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after reportedly taking a heavy hit from defenseman Connor Murphy. It was a tough way for the Wild to start the game, which they ended up losing
From Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
Granlund has a history of concussion and now has taken three hard hits in the past eight games – a Nazem Kadri head shot and a Marc Methot hip check that sent him crashing into the boards, being the other two.
Coach Mike Yeo said Granlund was feeling a little better after the game, but he admitted concern now about his health.
It was a tough way for the Wild to start the game, which they ended up losing 3-1. The loss drops the Wild’s record to 15-7-4.
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)