Nov 21, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
In keeping with PHT’s goal of bringing hockey fans all the NHL news they need to know AND the odd bit of news they have absolutely no need to know, here’s a picture of some St. Louis Blues with famous actor John Travolta — star of Look Who’s Talking, Look Who’s Talking Too, and Look Who’s Talking Now — in Boston, where the Blues have a big game tonight against the Bruins.
Picture courtesy Darren Pang, who’s right there in the middle.
“It was cool,” defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk said, per In The Slot. “We didn’t even realize that he was there until Panger mentioned something and he came over and chatted with us. He was just a very, very nice guy, very humble. It’s always cool to meet someone like that.”
Apparently Travolta is in Boston filming a movie called The Forger, which is hopefully better than his last movie, Killing Season, which the Los Angeles Times called a “pretentious, preposterous, dueling-dialect flameout,” but was still better than Look Who’s Talking Now.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)