Oct 10, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
From the notebook of Bruce “Gettin’ It” Garrioch of the Ottawa Siz-un:
With an extra day in Los Angeles, the Senators did a little sightseeing Tuesday. With Erik Condra and Kyle Turris as tour guides, rookie Jean-Gabriel Pageau and winger Cory Conacher went to see the ‘Hollywood’ sign in the hills after practice.
“Someone had to show them around a little bit,” said Condra before the game.
Pageau enjoyed the whole experience and was especially pleased to catch a glimpse of 47-year-old rapper Too Short, who makes his home here. “We had a nice tour,” said Pageau. “We saw (Too Short) when we went for Sushi in Hollywood. It was fun to see a celebrity there,” said Pageau.
“Pageau’s 5-foot-9, so it’s no wonder he was excited to see Too Short,” is something I expected to see in Garrioch’s column, and was surprised I didn’t.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 14
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 12
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8