Oct 10, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
From the notebook of Bruce “Gettin’ It” Garrioch of the Ottawa Siz-un:
With an extra day in Los Angeles, the Senators did a little sightseeing Tuesday. With Erik Condra and Kyle Turris as tour guides, rookie Jean-Gabriel Pageau and winger Cory Conacher went to see the ‘Hollywood’ sign in the hills after practice.
“Someone had to show them around a little bit,” said Condra before the game.
Pageau enjoyed the whole experience and was especially pleased to catch a glimpse of 47-year-old rapper Too Short, who makes his home here. “We had a nice tour,” said Pageau. “We saw (Too Short) when we went for Sushi in Hollywood. It was fun to see a celebrity there,” said Pageau.
“Pageau’s 5-foot-9, so it’s no wonder he was excited to see Too Short,” is something I expected to see in Garrioch’s column, and was surprised I didn’t.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35