Oct 10, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
From the notebook of Bruce “Gettin’ It” Garrioch of the Ottawa Siz-un:
With an extra day in Los Angeles, the Senators did a little sightseeing Tuesday. With Erik Condra and Kyle Turris as tour guides, rookie Jean-Gabriel Pageau and winger Cory Conacher went to see the ‘Hollywood’ sign in the hills after practice.
“Someone had to show them around a little bit,” said Condra before the game.
Pageau enjoyed the whole experience and was especially pleased to catch a glimpse of 47-year-old rapper Too Short, who makes his home here. “We had a nice tour,” said Pageau. “We saw (Too Short) when we went for Sushi in Hollywood. It was fun to see a celebrity there,” said Pageau.
“Pageau’s 5-foot-9, so it’s no wonder he was excited to see Too Short,” is something I expected to see in Garrioch’s column, and was surprised I didn’t.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)