Oct 10, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
From the notebook of Bruce “Gettin’ It” Garrioch of the Ottawa Siz-un:
With an extra day in Los Angeles, the Senators did a little sightseeing Tuesday. With Erik Condra and Kyle Turris as tour guides, rookie Jean-Gabriel Pageau and winger Cory Conacher went to see the ‘Hollywood’ sign in the hills after practice.
“Someone had to show them around a little bit,” said Condra before the game.
Pageau enjoyed the whole experience and was especially pleased to catch a glimpse of 47-year-old rapper Too Short, who makes his home here. “We had a nice tour,” said Pageau. “We saw (Too Short) when we went for Sushi in Hollywood. It was fun to see a celebrity there,” said Pageau.
“Pageau’s 5-foot-9, so it’s no wonder he was excited to see Too Short,” is something I expected to see in Garrioch’s column, and was surprised I didn’t.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)