Oct 10, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
From the notebook of Bruce “Gettin’ It” Garrioch of the Ottawa Siz-un:
With an extra day in Los Angeles, the Senators did a little sightseeing Tuesday. With Erik Condra and Kyle Turris as tour guides, rookie Jean-Gabriel Pageau and winger Cory Conacher went to see the ‘Hollywood’ sign in the hills after practice.
“Someone had to show them around a little bit,” said Condra before the game.
Pageau enjoyed the whole experience and was especially pleased to catch a glimpse of 47-year-old rapper Too Short, who makes his home here. “We had a nice tour,” said Pageau. “We saw (Too Short) when we went for Sushi in Hollywood. It was fun to see a celebrity there,” said Pageau.
“Pageau’s 5-foot-9, so it’s no wonder he was excited to see Too Short,” is something I expected to see in Garrioch’s column, and was surprised I didn’t.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)