Nov 18, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
From the Daily News:
With Mashinter gone, the Rangers would have only 12 healthy forwards going into Tuesday’s game unless either Nash (concussion) or Taylor Pyatt (concussion) comes off injured reserve. Nash said on Saturday in Montreal that he plans to play either Tuesday at the Garden or Thursday in Dallas. Pyatt is not believed to be anywhere close to a return after suffering his concussion Nov. 7 in Columbus.
Nash has only appeared in three games this season. The 29-year-old suffered a head injury Oct. 8 when he was hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart.
To their credit, the Rangers (10-10-0) have managed to right the ship after a nightmarish start. If the playoffs started today, they’d be in them.
That said, goals have remained in short supply, meaning Nash’s return will be a most welcome one. Only three teams — Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Carolina — are averaging fewer goals than the Rangers (2.10).
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)