Nov 18, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
From the Daily News:
With Mashinter gone, the Rangers would have only 12 healthy forwards going into Tuesday’s game unless either Nash (concussion) or Taylor Pyatt (concussion) comes off injured reserve. Nash said on Saturday in Montreal that he plans to play either Tuesday at the Garden or Thursday in Dallas. Pyatt is not believed to be anywhere close to a return after suffering his concussion Nov. 7 in Columbus.
Nash has only appeared in three games this season. The 29-year-old suffered a head injury Oct. 8 when he was hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart.
To their credit, the Rangers (10-10-0) have managed to right the ship after a nightmarish start. If the playoffs started today, they’d be in them.
That said, goals have remained in short supply, meaning Nash’s return will be a most welcome one. Only three teams — Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Carolina — are averaging fewer goals than the Rangers (2.10).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5