Nov 18, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
From the Daily News:
With Mashinter gone, the Rangers would have only 12 healthy forwards going into Tuesday’s game unless either Nash (concussion) or Taylor Pyatt (concussion) comes off injured reserve. Nash said on Saturday in Montreal that he plans to play either Tuesday at the Garden or Thursday in Dallas. Pyatt is not believed to be anywhere close to a return after suffering his concussion Nov. 7 in Columbus.
Nash has only appeared in three games this season. The 29-year-old suffered a head injury Oct. 8 when he was hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart.
To their credit, the Rangers (10-10-0) have managed to right the ship after a nightmarish start. If the playoffs started today, they’d be in them.
That said, goals have remained in short supply, meaning Nash’s return will be a most welcome one. Only three teams — Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Carolina — are averaging fewer goals than the Rangers (2.10).
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)