Nov 18, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
From the Daily News:
With Mashinter gone, the Rangers would have only 12 healthy forwards going into Tuesday’s game unless either Nash (concussion) or Taylor Pyatt (concussion) comes off injured reserve. Nash said on Saturday in Montreal that he plans to play either Tuesday at the Garden or Thursday in Dallas. Pyatt is not believed to be anywhere close to a return after suffering his concussion Nov. 7 in Columbus.
Nash has only appeared in three games this season. The 29-year-old suffered a head injury Oct. 8 when he was hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart.
To their credit, the Rangers (10-10-0) have managed to right the ship after a nightmarish start. If the playoffs started today, they’d be in them.
That said, goals have remained in short supply, meaning Nash’s return will be a most welcome one. Only three teams — Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Carolina — are averaging fewer goals than the Rangers (2.10).
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)