Nov 12, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
David Booth is back in the NHL after a three-game conditioning stint with AHL Utica. The Vancouver Canucks recalled the 28-year-old forward today while winger Darren Archibald was re-assigned to the farm club.
Vancouver starts a six-game home stand Thursday versus San Jose.
Booth has one goal and two assists for the Canucks in 11 games this season. Though he’s fought injuries, he was also made a healthy scratch once. With a cap hit of $4.25 million, Vancouver needs more from the former 31-goal-scorer.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)