Oct 22, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Well, well, well…this just in from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy ahead of tonight’s game between the Canucks and Islanders.
Booth, a former 31-goal-scorer for the Florida Panthers, has just one goal in 10 games this season. The 28-year-old winger played a mere 10:18 during Sunday’s 3-1 loss in Columbus. He was then apparently skated hard this morning.
If Booth is indeed a healthy scratch, consider it a strong message from Vancouver head coach John Tortorella, who doesn’t exactly have a plethora of spare wingers at his disposal these days. (Alex Burrows is still out with a foot injury.)
Booth, by the way, is signed through next season with a cap hit of $4.25 million.
Update (5:08 p.m. ET)
So Alberts, a defenseman, will either be playing the wing on the fourth line (which seems, well, insane), or the Canucks will rotate seven D.
Update (5:18 p.m. ET)
Seven D it is.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)