Oct 22, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Well, well, well…this just in from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy ahead of tonight’s game between the Canucks and Islanders.
Booth, a former 31-goal-scorer for the Florida Panthers, has just one goal in 10 games this season. The 28-year-old winger played a mere 10:18 during Sunday’s 3-1 loss in Columbus. He was then apparently skated hard this morning.
If Booth is indeed a healthy scratch, consider it a strong message from Vancouver head coach John Tortorella, who doesn’t exactly have a plethora of spare wingers at his disposal these days. (Alex Burrows is still out with a foot injury.)
Booth, by the way, is signed through next season with a cap hit of $4.25 million.
Update (5:08 p.m. ET)
So Alberts, a defenseman, will either be playing the wing on the fourth line (which seems, well, insane), or the Canucks will rotate seven D.
Update (5:18 p.m. ET)
Torts: "Booth won't dress tonight. Alberts is in and we'll go with seven D."—
Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) October 22, 2013
Seven D it is.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25