Oct 22, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
Well, well, well…this just in from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy ahead of tonight’s game between the Canucks and Islanders.
Booth, a former 31-goal-scorer for the Florida Panthers, has just one goal in 10 games this season. The 28-year-old winger played a mere 10:18 during Sunday’s 3-1 loss in Columbus. He was then apparently skated hard this morning.
If Booth is indeed a healthy scratch, consider it a strong message from Vancouver head coach John Tortorella, who doesn’t exactly have a plethora of spare wingers at his disposal these days. (Alex Burrows is still out with a foot injury.)
Booth, by the way, is signed through next season with a cap hit of $4.25 million.
Update (5:08 p.m. ET)
So Alberts, a defenseman, will either be playing the wing on the fourth line (which seems, well, insane), or the Canucks will rotate seven D.
Update (5:18 p.m. ET)
Seven D it is.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)