Oct 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres are waiting for John Scott to have an in-person hearing on Oct. 31, so they still aren’t sure how long they’ll be without their forward. The Boston Bruins can say the same about Loui Eriksson‘s uncertain timetable, but that’s where the similarities end.
Scott, who is suspended until the hearing, is being punished because of a high hit he delivered to Eriksson on Wednesday. The star Bruins player is out indefinitely with a concussion.
“Loui is doing okay, I guess, for a guy that suffered a concussion,” said Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England today. “It’s the same thing, you have a good day and you have less of a good day. It’s early on, but like always you keep your fingers crossed that it’s going to get better sooner rather than later for his sake.”
Julien is unfortunately well versed in how concussions work given the number of noteworthy Bruins that have dealt with this type of injury over the years. Among others, Marc Savard‘s career was ended due to head injuries.
The 7-2-0 Bruins will take on the New Jersey Devils tonight.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 52
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 41
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)