Oct 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres are waiting for John Scott to have an in-person hearing on Oct. 31, so they still aren’t sure how long they’ll be without their forward. The Boston Bruins can say the same about Loui Eriksson‘s uncertain timetable, but that’s where the similarities end.
Scott, who is suspended until the hearing, is being punished because of a high hit he delivered to Eriksson on Wednesday. The star Bruins player is out indefinitely with a concussion.
“Loui is doing okay, I guess, for a guy that suffered a concussion,” said Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England today. “It’s the same thing, you have a good day and you have less of a good day. It’s early on, but like always you keep your fingers crossed that it’s going to get better sooner rather than later for his sake.”
Julien is unfortunately well versed in how concussions work given the number of noteworthy Bruins that have dealt with this type of injury over the years. Among others, Marc Savard‘s career was ended due to head injuries.
The 7-2-0 Bruins will take on the New Jersey Devils tonight.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)