Oct 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres are waiting for John Scott to have an in-person hearing on Oct. 31, so they still aren’t sure how long they’ll be without their forward. The Boston Bruins can say the same about Loui Eriksson‘s uncertain timetable, but that’s where the similarities end.
Scott, who is suspended until the hearing, is being punished because of a high hit he delivered to Eriksson on Wednesday. The star Bruins player is out indefinitely with a concussion.
“Loui is doing okay, I guess, for a guy that suffered a concussion,” said Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England today. “It’s the same thing, you have a good day and you have less of a good day. It’s early on, but like always you keep your fingers crossed that it’s going to get better sooner rather than later for his sake.”
Julien is unfortunately well versed in how concussions work given the number of noteworthy Bruins that have dealt with this type of injury over the years. Among others, Marc Savard‘s career was ended due to head injuries.
The 7-2-0 Bruins will take on the New Jersey Devils tonight.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12