Oct 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Scott, suspended indefinitely until his in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety, will miss three games — tonight vs. Florida, Saturday vs. Tampa Bay and Monday vs. Dallas — before his hearing on Oct. 31, according to the Toronto Star.
Barring an incredible turn of events, he’ll also miss that evening’s game against the Rangers as well.
(Yes, the Sabres will be in New York on the day of Scott’s hearing.)
Scott, 31, has no previous record of discipline with the league and won’t be treated as a repeat offender under CBA definitions. There is a chance, however, that his history — most notably in a preseason melee with the Maple Leafs in which he tried to fight Phil Kessel — could be taken into account when assessing punishment.
On Thursday, Scott tried to defend himself and his reputation.
“I don’t think I’m a dirty player,” he told Buffalo Hockey Beat. “I try to play within the code, within the rules. This is my first suspension. I don’t think I’m dirty. I don’t try to be a dirty player. I kind of feel really upset.
“I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened watching the video [of the Eriksson hit]. I just kind of regret the whole situation. I don’t want to be a dirty player.”
Eriksson, who suffered a concussion on the play, has returned to Boston and is out indefinitely.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)