Oct 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Scott, suspended indefinitely until his in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety, will miss three games — tonight vs. Florida, Saturday vs. Tampa Bay and Monday vs. Dallas — before his hearing on Oct. 31, according to the Toronto Star.
Barring an incredible turn of events, he’ll also miss that evening’s game against the Rangers as well.
(Yes, the Sabres will be in New York on the day of Scott’s hearing.)
Scott, 31, has no previous record of discipline with the league and won’t be treated as a repeat offender under CBA definitions. There is a chance, however, that his history — most notably in a preseason melee with the Maple Leafs in which he tried to fight Phil Kessel — could be taken into account when assessing punishment.
On Thursday, Scott tried to defend himself and his reputation.
“I don’t think I’m a dirty player,” he told Buffalo Hockey Beat. “I try to play within the code, within the rules. This is my first suspension. I don’t think I’m dirty. I don’t try to be a dirty player. I kind of feel really upset.
“I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened watching the video [of the Eriksson hit]. I just kind of regret the whole situation. I don’t want to be a dirty player.”
Eriksson, who suffered a concussion on the play, has returned to Boston and is out indefinitely.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)