Oct 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott, suspended indefinitely until his in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety, will miss three games — tonight vs. Florida, Saturday vs. Tampa Bay and Monday vs. Dallas — before his hearing on Oct. 31, according to the Toronto Star.
Barring an incredible turn of events, he’ll also miss that evening’s game against the Rangers as well.
(Yes, the Sabres will be in New York on the day of Scott’s hearing.)
Scott, 31, has no previous record of discipline with the league and won’t be treated as a repeat offender under CBA definitions. There is a chance, however, that his history — most notably in a preseason melee with the Maple Leafs in which he tried to fight Phil Kessel — could be taken into account when assessing punishment.
On Thursday, Scott tried to defend himself and his reputation.
“I don’t think I’m a dirty player,” he told Buffalo Hockey Beat. “I try to play within the code, within the rules. This is my first suspension. I don’t think I’m dirty. I don’t try to be a dirty player. I kind of feel really upset.
“I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened watching the video [of the Eriksson hit]. I just kind of regret the whole situation. I don’t want to be a dirty player.”
Eriksson, who suffered a concussion on the play, has returned to Boston and is out indefinitely.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)