Oct 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott, suspended indefinitely until his in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety, will miss three games — tonight vs. Florida, Saturday vs. Tampa Bay and Monday vs. Dallas — before his hearing on Oct. 31, according to the Toronto Star.
Barring an incredible turn of events, he’ll also miss that evening’s game against the Rangers as well.
(Yes, the Sabres will be in New York on the day of Scott’s hearing.)
Scott, 31, has no previous record of discipline with the league and won’t be treated as a repeat offender under CBA definitions. There is a chance, however, that his history — most notably in a preseason melee with the Maple Leafs in which he tried to fight Phil Kessel — could be taken into account when assessing punishment.
On Thursday, Scott tried to defend himself and his reputation.
“I don’t think I’m a dirty player,” he told Buffalo Hockey Beat. “I try to play within the code, within the rules. This is my first suspension. I don’t think I’m dirty. I don’t try to be a dirty player. I kind of feel really upset.
“I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened watching the video [of the Eriksson hit]. I just kind of regret the whole situation. I don’t want to be a dirty player.”
Eriksson, who suffered a concussion on the play, has returned to Boston and is out indefinitely.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)