Oct 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
The news is in on Loui Eriksson, and it’s not good.
“The team will provide a further update on Loui’s status when appropriate,” Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement.
Eriksson, 28, does have a history of concussions. He suffered one during the 2010-11 campaign after a hit from then-Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray, and missed a pair of games.
As for Scott, he’s been suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
The 31-year-old enforcer told reporters he “was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened,” adding that he apologized to Eriksson via text last night.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 7
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 54
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8