Oct 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
The news is in on Loui Eriksson, and it’s not good.
“The team will provide a further update on Loui’s status when appropriate,” Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement.
Eriksson, 28, does have a history of concussions. He suffered one during the 2010-11 campaign after a hit from then-Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray, and missed a pair of games.
As for Scott, he’s been suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
The 31-year-old enforcer told reporters he “was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened,” adding that he apologized to Eriksson via text last night.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 2
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 11
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13