Oct 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
The news is in on Loui Eriksson, and it’s not good.
“The team will provide a further update on Loui’s status when appropriate,” Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement.
Eriksson, 28, does have a history of concussions. He suffered one during the 2010-11 campaign after a hit from then-Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray, and missed a pair of games.
As for Scott, he’s been suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
The 31-year-old enforcer told reporters he “was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened,” adding that he apologized to Eriksson via text last night.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 14
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)