Oct 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
The news is in on Loui Eriksson, and it’s not good.
“The team will provide a further update on Loui’s status when appropriate,” Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement.
Eriksson, 28, does have a history of concussions. He suffered one during the 2010-11 campaign after a hit from then-Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray, and missed a pair of games.
As for Scott, he’s been suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
The 31-year-old enforcer told reporters he “was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened,” adding that he apologized to Eriksson via text last night.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)