Oct 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
The news is in on Loui Eriksson, and it’s not good.
“The team will provide a further update on Loui’s status when appropriate,” Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement.
Eriksson, 28, does have a history of concussions. He suffered one during the 2010-11 campaign after a hit from then-Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray, and missed a pair of games.
As for Scott, he’s been suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
The 31-year-old enforcer told reporters he “was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened,” adding that he apologized to Eriksson via text last night.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)