Oct 25, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans will finally get their first look at David Clarkson in a regular season game.
Clarkson’s 10-game suspension for leaving the bench to fight Buffalo’s John Scott in a preseason game is through and tonight he’ll be suiting up on the road against the Columbus Blue Jackets. As the Canadian Press’ Stephen Whyno shares, he’s ready to get it started.
“It’s like Christmas: You used to open up the box there’d be a chocolate and then another chocolate,” Clarkson said jokingly. “I got a box at home, I get my daughter to open it. No, but I’ve been definitely checking off the dates and getting ready to go.”
Of course, Joffrey Lupul departed practice after being struck on the foot by a Paul Ranger shot so they may not be at as loaded up front as they hoped. Nikolai Kulemin is still out with an ankle injury.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8