Oct 25, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs fans will finally get their first look at David Clarkson in a regular season game.
Clarkson’s 10-game suspension for leaving the bench to fight Buffalo’s John Scott in a preseason game is through and tonight he’ll be suiting up on the road against the Columbus Blue Jackets. As the Canadian Press’ Stephen Whyno shares, he’s ready to get it started.
“It’s like Christmas: You used to open up the box there’d be a chocolate and then another chocolate,” Clarkson said jokingly. “I got a box at home, I get my daughter to open it. No, but I’ve been definitely checking off the dates and getting ready to go.”
Of course, Joffrey Lupul departed practice after being struck on the foot by a Paul Ranger shot so they may not be at as loaded up front as they hoped. Nikolai Kulemin is still out with an ankle injury.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8