Oct 24, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Just as Niklas Backstrom is starting to feel better, Josh Harding appears to have suffered an injury of his own. The red-hot Minnesota Wild “backup” suffered a lower-body ailment during Thursday’s 3-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Russo reports that Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t reveal how severe Harding’s injury is.
Thursday has just been a rough day for goalies. Pekka Rinne‘s month-long injury announcement preceded this game, where Harding, 29, got hurt for this indefinite amount of time while Cam Ward will also miss about three-to-four weeks with his own injury.
Harding has been fantastic so far, with a 5-2-1 record, .953 save percentage and 1.00 GAA in nine games played.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 9
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 12
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 28
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 56
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)