Oct 24, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Update: Brutal news from the Hurricanes: Cam Ward will miss three-to-four weeks, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports. Mike Murphy has been recalled, so if the Carolina Hurricanes don’t make a move, their tandem will be Justin Peters and Murphy for some time.
Hurricanes just can’t seem to get much luck health-wise, especially in net. Justin Peters relieved Cam Ward in net on Thursday as Ward appeared to suffer a lower-body injury.
Ward, 29, needed knee surgery this offseason, so the hope is that his MCL problems aren’t returning.
The Hurricanes’ franchise goalie brought a two-game winning streak into tonight’s game after a rocky start to 2013-14. Carolina enjoyed some nice work from Anton Khudobin until he got injured again.
The Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander captures the Hurricanes bad injury luck in net in this Tweet.
To recap, in past two seasons Ward had knee injury, Dan Ellis cut himself, Khudobin was injured and now Ward again.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) October 25, 2013
Brutal, especially since Carolina’s dealt with some tough breaks in its forward and defensive corps the past few years, too.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 36
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)