Oct 13, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
Tomas Hertl has gotten off to a tremendous start, but the 19-year-old rookie has already faced some injury scares.
There were fears that Hertl’s head might have again been hit as a result of the play and he left the game as a result. However, Sharks coach Todd McLellan downplayed the injury following the contest and said that Hertl’s shoulder was the greater area of concern than his head.
McLellan previously warned that Hertl might stay off the ice today and there’s still time for him to recover before Tuesday’s contest against the St. Louis Blues.
Meanwhile forward Adam Burish has suffered a setback in his attempt to return from a lower-body injury and also missed Sunday’s practice.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 13
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5