Oct 13, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Tomas Hertl has gotten off to a tremendous start, but the 19-year-old rookie has already faced some injury scares.
There were fears that Hertl’s head might have again been hit as a result of the play and he left the game as a result. However, Sharks coach Todd McLellan downplayed the injury following the contest and said that Hertl’s shoulder was the greater area of concern than his head.
McLellan previously warned that Hertl might stay off the ice today and there’s still time for him to recover before Tuesday’s contest against the St. Louis Blues.
Meanwhile forward Adam Burish has suffered a setback in his attempt to return from a lower-body injury and also missed Sunday’s practice.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 5
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)