Oct 13, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Tomas Hertl has gotten off to a tremendous start, but the 19-year-old rookie has already faced some injury scares.
There were fears that Hertl’s head might have again been hit as a result of the play and he left the game as a result. However, Sharks coach Todd McLellan downplayed the injury following the contest and said that Hertl’s shoulder was the greater area of concern than his head.
McLellan previously warned that Hertl might stay off the ice today and there’s still time for him to recover before Tuesday’s contest against the St. Louis Blues.
Meanwhile forward Adam Burish has suffered a setback in his attempt to return from a lower-body injury and also missed Sunday’s practice.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)