Sep 27, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Canucks fans don’t have to wonder anymore about which of their 2013 first-round picks will start the year with the team.
Both players have seen a lot of action so far in the preseason and both have shown they’ve got enough game to stay with some of the NHLers, but whether they’ll stick around for more than nine games before being sent back to juniors is another question.
Vancouver is currently dealing with injuries and suspensions at forward with Jordan Schroeder out with a hairline fracture in his foot and Zack Kassian suspended for the first five games of the season for high-sticking Edmonton’s Sam Gagner. David Booth has returned from his ankle issue but he’s working off the rust of being out of action for so long.
It may just be a short stay for the Canucks’ prized picks, but they’ve shown so far they’ve got the skills to earn a further look from coach John Tortorella.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)