Sep 27, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
Canucks fans don’t have to wonder anymore about which of their 2013 first-round picks will start the year with the team.
Both players have seen a lot of action so far in the preseason and both have shown they’ve got enough game to stay with some of the NHLers, but whether they’ll stick around for more than nine games before being sent back to juniors is another question.
Vancouver is currently dealing with injuries and suspensions at forward with Jordan Schroeder out with a hairline fracture in his foot and Zack Kassian suspended for the first five games of the season for high-sticking Edmonton’s Sam Gagner. David Booth has returned from his ankle issue but he’s working off the rust of being out of action for so long.
It may just be a short stay for the Canucks’ prized picks, but they’ve shown so far they’ve got the skills to earn a further look from coach John Tortorella.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53