Sep 26, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks coach John Tortorella will get his first look at David Booth tonight and he’s excited about it.
Tortorella announced Booth will be back in the lineup tonight against the New York Rangers after missing the most of the preseason with an ankle problem. To say the least, Tortorella is excited to get him in the lineup.
“David Booth is playing tonight. I’m dying to see him in game action,” he said.
With the good news comes the bad as the update on center Jordan Schroeder and his injured foot isn’t so good. Tortorella says he’ll miss three weeks with a non-displaced hairline fracture in his foot. The initial diagnosis was a bruised foot, but apparently the more trustworthy x-rays in Vancouver showed a break.
Schroeder was gunning to land the job as the team’s third line center, but his quest to do that will be delayed. Booth’s return to action, however, should help out the team’s second line.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 26
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)