Jul 29, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Days after avoiding arbitration and agreeing to a long-term contract with winger Blake Wheeler, the Winnipeg Jets have done the same with their other key remaining restricted free agent, defenseman Zach Bogosian.
The club announced today that the two sides have come together on a seven-year contract worth $36 million.
Bogosian, 23, had five goals and nine assists in 2013 while averaging 23:07 of ice time in the 33 games he played.
Bogosian’s cap hit of $5.14 million is the third highest among Winnipeg d-men, with Enstrom at $5.75 million and Dustin Byfuglien at $5.2 million.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 35
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 14
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)