Jul 29, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Days after avoiding arbitration and agreeing to a long-term contract with winger Blake Wheeler, the Winnipeg Jets have done the same with their other key remaining restricted free agent, defenseman Zach Bogosian.
The club announced today that the two sides have come together on a seven-year contract worth $36 million.
Bogosian, 23, had five goals and nine assists in 2013 while averaging 23:07 of ice time in the 33 games he played.
Bogosian’s cap hit of $5.14 million is the third highest among Winnipeg d-men, with Enstrom at $5.75 million and Dustin Byfuglien at $5.2 million.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53