Jul 29, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Days after avoiding arbitration and agreeing to a long-term contract with winger Blake Wheeler, the Winnipeg Jets have done the same with their other key remaining restricted free agent, defenseman Zach Bogosian.
The club announced today that the two sides have come together on a seven-year contract worth $36 million.
Bogosian, 23, had five goals and nine assists in 2013 while averaging 23:07 of ice time in the 33 games he played.
Bogosian’s cap hit of $5.14 million is the third highest among Winnipeg d-men, with Enstrom at $5.75 million and Dustin Byfuglien at $5.2 million.
Bogosian has no move for first 3 UFA years. Modified no trade for final 2 UFA years—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) July 29, 2013
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (153)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)