Jul 29, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Days after avoiding arbitration and agreeing to a long-term contract with winger Blake Wheeler, the Winnipeg Jets have done the same with their other key remaining restricted free agent, defenseman Zach Bogosian.
The club announced today that the two sides have come together on a seven-year contract worth $36 million.
Bogosian, 23, had five goals and nine assists in 2013 while averaging 23:07 of ice time in the 33 games he played.
Bogosian’s cap hit of $5.14 million is the third highest among Winnipeg d-men, with Enstrom at $5.75 million and Dustin Byfuglien at $5.2 million.
Bogosian has no move for first 3 UFA years. Modified no trade for final 2 UFA years—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) July 29, 2013
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)