Jul 12, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
It’s not hard to find criticism of Tyler Bozak and the Maple Leafs’ decision to sign the 27-year-old center to a five-year, $21 million contract extension. Forget Don Cherry; all you need is a Twitter account to get your fill.
Today on TSN 1050 radio in Toronto, Bozak was asked about the negative things that have been said and written in the wake of his new deal — specifically, the argument that he’s been riding the coattails of Phil Kessel and isn’t good enough to play first-line center.
“I’ve had two coaches (Ron Wilson and Randy Carlyle) that had the opportunity to not play me in that role and have, so if there’s a few fans on Twitter that still think I’m not able to play, I’ll take the coaches’ opinion over theirs every time.”
Bozak, by the way, is an active tweeter himself…
Of course, he gets criticized for that, too…
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56