Jun 29, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, according to Gillis, it was another team that called the Canucks about Schneider, not the other way around.
OK, but is trading Schneider indeed a possibility?
“You have to listen (to offers),” said Gillis.
We’ll take that as a yes. Though how seriously the Canucks are listening, and what kind of offers they’re getting, isn’t clear.
Also unclear: how Roberto Luongo feels about all this. It’s been widely reported that the 34-year-old wants a fresh start elsewhere, but so far his contract has been a roadblock to making that happen.
Also unclear: if Canucks ownership is open to the possibility of a Luongo buyout, which would erase all present and future cap-related issues but cost the club $27 million over 18 years.
Whatever happens, it’s unlikely Vancouver’s goalie saga goes on much longer. (At least, this particular chapter.)
“Things have been really busy,” said Gillis. “I’m getting a lot of calls, having a lot of conversations, so we’ll see what happens”
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 57
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 92
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (92)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)