Jun 29, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, according to Gillis, it was another team that called the Canucks about Schneider, not the other way around.
OK, but is trading Schneider indeed a possibility?
“You have to listen (to offers),” said Gillis.
We’ll take that as a yes. Though how seriously the Canucks are listening, and what kind of offers they’re getting, isn’t clear.
Also unclear: how Roberto Luongo feels about all this. It’s been widely reported that the 34-year-old wants a fresh start elsewhere, but so far his contract has been a roadblock to making that happen.
Also unclear: if Canucks ownership is open to the possibility of a Luongo buyout, which would erase all present and future cap-related issues but cost the club $27 million over 18 years.
Whatever happens, it’s unlikely Vancouver’s goalie saga goes on much longer. (At least, this particular chapter.)
“Things have been really busy,” said Gillis. “I’m getting a lot of calls, having a lot of conversations, so we’ll see what happens”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)