May 16, 2013, 7:43 AM EDT
With all due respect to Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask, you won’t find too many people that will argue that the Bruins have the edge in netminding in their second-round series against the New York Rangers.
Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goaltenders in the game and on top of that he’s hot after shutting out the Washington Capitals in Games 6 and 7 of the first round. But how far can he carry the Rangers? For that matter, will the Rangers have to lean heavily on him in this series?
On the Boston Bruins’ side of things, they might play tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN) without defensemen Wade Redden, Dennis Seidenberg, and Andrew Ference. That’s a major hole for them to fill to say the least. Are those problems they will be able to overcome?
Check out the video below to see Mike Halford and Jason Brough’s preview of the Rangers-Bruins series:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)