May 16, 2013, 7:43 AM EDT
With all due respect to Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask, you won’t find too many people that will argue that the Bruins have the edge in netminding in their second-round series against the New York Rangers.
Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goaltenders in the game and on top of that he’s hot after shutting out the Washington Capitals in Games 6 and 7 of the first round. But how far can he carry the Rangers? For that matter, will the Rangers have to lean heavily on him in this series?
On the Boston Bruins’ side of things, they might play tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN) without defensemen Wade Redden, Dennis Seidenberg, and Andrew Ference. That’s a major hole for them to fill to say the least. Are those problems they will be able to overcome?
Check out the video below to see Mike Halford and Jason Brough’s preview of the Rangers-Bruins series:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 3
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 7
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)