May 16, 2013, 7:43 AM EST
With all due respect to Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask, you won’t find too many people that will argue that the Bruins have the edge in netminding in their second-round series against the New York Rangers.
Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goaltenders in the game and on top of that he’s hot after shutting out the Washington Capitals in Games 6 and 7 of the first round. But how far can he carry the Rangers? For that matter, will the Rangers have to lean heavily on him in this series?
On the Boston Bruins’ side of things, they might play tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN) without defensemen Wade Redden, Dennis Seidenberg, and Andrew Ference. That’s a major hole for them to fill to say the least. Are those problems they will be able to overcome?
Check out the video below to see Mike Halford and Jason Brough’s preview of the Rangers-Bruins series:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)