May 16, 2013, 7:43 AM EST
With all due respect to Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask, you won’t find too many people that will argue that the Bruins have the edge in netminding in their second-round series against the New York Rangers.
Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goaltenders in the game and on top of that he’s hot after shutting out the Washington Capitals in Games 6 and 7 of the first round. But how far can he carry the Rangers? For that matter, will the Rangers have to lean heavily on him in this series?
On the Boston Bruins’ side of things, they might play tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN) without defensemen Wade Redden, Dennis Seidenberg, and Andrew Ference. That’s a major hole for them to fill to say the least. Are those problems they will be able to overcome?
Check out the video below to see Mike Halford and Jason Brough’s preview of the Rangers-Bruins series:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12