May 8, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
With the series on the line in overtime, Vancouver Canucks forward Daniel Sedin was sent to the sin bin for a boarding penalty that several Canucks players questioned, no more so than his brother and team captain, Henrik Sedin.
“I shouldn’t say it right now, but, it’s a [expletive] call,” Henrik said, according to the National Post.
The San Jose Sharks made the most of the opportunity with Patrick Marleau scoring the series-winning goal early in the power play.
Here is the penalty so you can judge it for yourself:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Canucks defense Kevin Bieksa, who accused San Jose forwards Joe Thornton and Logan Couture of embellishment prior to this contest, admitted that Vancouver wasn’t eliminated solely based on one penalty.
“We put ourselves in the situation where one bad call costs you a game,” Bieksa told the Vancouver Sun. “It was four games of not executing. This wasn’t an isolated incident; we were in a 3-0 hole. We didn’t play good enough to win the series. It sucks. There’s no way to sugarcoat it.”
For the second straight season, the Vancouver Canucks have been great in the regular season, only to completely collapse the moment the playoffs start. Big changes could be coming in Vancouver.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)