Apr 27, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is apparently really fed up with people asking him if head coach Peter Laviolette is going to be fired this summer.
There’s been speculation about Laviolette’s future for months now and when a source stating that the bench boss would be dismissed was cited to Holmgren, the Flyers general manager passionately fired back.
“I’m not even going to comment on the [expletive] sources,” he said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “…Some idiot made it up.”
Still, Holmgren was pressed further and asked if could say for certain that Laviolette would return for the 2013-14 campaign.
“I’m not saying a [expletive] thing….How many times do I have to tell you I haven’t even thought about firing the coach?” Holmgren asked. “How many times?”
This isn’t the first time that Holmgren has stood up for Laviolette. Although Philadelphia fell well short of a postseason berth, he recently stated that the “coaches have done a good job under the circumstances.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7