Apr 27, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is apparently really fed up with people asking him if head coach Peter Laviolette is going to be fired this summer.
There’s been speculation about Laviolette’s future for months now and when a source stating that the bench boss would be dismissed was cited to Holmgren, the Flyers general manager passionately fired back.
“I’m not even going to comment on the [expletive] sources,” he said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “…Some idiot made it up.”
Still, Holmgren was pressed further and asked if could say for certain that Laviolette would return for the 2013-14 campaign.
“I’m not saying a [expletive] thing….How many times do I have to tell you I haven’t even thought about firing the coach?” Holmgren asked. “How many times?”
This isn’t the first time that Holmgren has stood up for Laviolette. Although Philadelphia fell well short of a postseason berth, he recently stated that the “coaches have done a good job under the circumstances.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)