Apr 27, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is apparently really fed up with people asking him if head coach Peter Laviolette is going to be fired this summer.
There’s been speculation about Laviolette’s future for months now and when a source stating that the bench boss would be dismissed was cited to Holmgren, the Flyers general manager passionately fired back.
“I’m not even going to comment on the [expletive] sources,” he said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “…Some idiot made it up.”
Still, Holmgren was pressed further and asked if could say for certain that Laviolette would return for the 2013-14 campaign.
“I’m not saying a [expletive] thing….How many times do I have to tell you I haven’t even thought about firing the coach?” Holmgren asked. “How many times?”
This isn’t the first time that Holmgren has stood up for Laviolette. Although Philadelphia fell well short of a postseason berth, he recently stated that the “coaches have done a good job under the circumstances.”
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)