Apr 27, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is apparently really fed up with people asking him if head coach Peter Laviolette is going to be fired this summer.
There’s been speculation about Laviolette’s future for months now and when a source stating that the bench boss would be dismissed was cited to Holmgren, the Flyers general manager passionately fired back.
“I’m not even going to comment on the [expletive] sources,” he said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “…Some idiot made it up.”
Still, Holmgren was pressed further and asked if could say for certain that Laviolette would return for the 2013-14 campaign.
“I’m not saying a [expletive] thing….How many times do I have to tell you I haven’t even thought about firing the coach?” Holmgren asked. “How many times?”
This isn’t the first time that Holmgren has stood up for Laviolette. Although Philadelphia fell well short of a postseason berth, he recently stated that the “coaches have done a good job under the circumstances.”
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)