Apr 27, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is apparently really fed up with people asking him if head coach Peter Laviolette is going to be fired this summer.
There’s been speculation about Laviolette’s future for months now and when a source stating that the bench boss would be dismissed was cited to Holmgren, the Flyers general manager passionately fired back.
“I’m not even going to comment on the [expletive] sources,” he said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “…Some idiot made it up.”
Still, Holmgren was pressed further and asked if could say for certain that Laviolette would return for the 2013-14 campaign.
“I’m not saying a [expletive] thing….How many times do I have to tell you I haven’t even thought about firing the coach?” Holmgren asked. “How many times?”
This isn’t the first time that Holmgren has stood up for Laviolette. Although Philadelphia fell well short of a postseason berth, he recently stated that the “coaches have done a good job under the circumstances.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11