Apr 4, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
Press the panic button. The Pittsburgh Penguins have lost two games in a row – by a combined score of 10-2.
Could these absences due to injury pose bigger problems for the Penguins, who are only two games removed from an impressive 15-game winning streak?
“It’s going to have to be the guys in this locker room,” Pascal Dupuis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
“Sid’s not going to come back Friday, and [Letang] and Paul Martin are not going to be here.
“It’s the guys who are in here. It has nothing to do with the skill level or whatever you want to talk about. It has to do with battle level, and wanting it more.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)