Apr 4, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
Press the panic button. The Pittsburgh Penguins have lost two games in a row – by a combined score of 10-2.
Could these absences due to injury pose bigger problems for the Penguins, who are only two games removed from an impressive 15-game winning streak?
“It’s going to have to be the guys in this locker room,” Pascal Dupuis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
“Sid’s not going to come back Friday, and [Letang] and Paul Martin are not going to be here.
“It’s the guys who are in here. It has nothing to do with the skill level or whatever you want to talk about. It has to do with battle level, and wanting it more.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)